On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 12:03 -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> Adam, just a short bald claim:
>
> In the United States and Europe there is a large body of statute
> law, regulatory rulings, and court decisions which say that yes,
> a large powerful company cannot take certain actions to impede
> competitors.  In particular entering into a compact to make
> Fedora harder to install on every single x86 home computer sold
> is not allowed.  Or once was not allowed.  Recently neither
> regulatory bodies, nor courts, have enforced these old once
> settled laws and regulations.

I'm aware of this. So are Red Hat's lawyers, I'm sure. I am inferring
from the stuff posted by Matthew so far that they believe there is no
basis for a legal complaint in Microsoft's behaviour in this area. I
certainly can't see one myself, though of course I am not a lawyer; as
I've already noted, it's very hard to characterize Microsoft's behaviour
as 'impeding competitors'. They have done nothing at all to prevent
anyone else from complying with the Secure Boot specification.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey