On 06/20/2012 09:57 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Simo Sorce (s...@redhat.com) said:
Of course for this to work properly we need some level of integration
between Network Manager and the DNS caching server so that the dynamic
configurations can be pushed in/out when the related networks come
up/down.

Discuss.

man NetworkManager.conf:

        dns=plugin1,plugin2, ...
               List DNS plugin names separated by ','. DNS plugins are used to
               provide  local caching nameserver functionality (which speeds up
               DNS queries) and to push DNS data to applications that use it.

               Available plugins:

               dnsmasq
                      this plugin uses dnsmasq to provide local caching name‐
                      server functionality.

(Note: haven't tried this.)

See also:

http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2010/09/23/dont-try-to-run-honey/

Been there since 2010.

So I just gave this a try. Already had dnsmasq installed so I just edited the config file and restarted the NetworkManager service. Then connected to my VPN.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk