On 07/15/2012 09:20 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
I think that 99% of the problems that prelink is creating can be easily avoided
simply by having prelink automatically skip executables that are currently
running. This is something that should not be very difficult to do. All the
information is trivially obtainable from /proc/*/exe.

That would mean that prelink would skip much of a running system, and a
full prelink could be done only by booting from separate media.  Not going
to happen.

                Do NOT delete it.