On 08/01/2012 10:03 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> What this means, IMO, is that we need to split out libpng12 as a
> separate package.  The current hack that I'm using (bundling 1.2 and 1.5
> into a single SRPM) was never meant to be more than a very short-term
> stopgap; I'm sure it violates all sorts of packaging guidelines.
>
> Is there any way we can fast-track that?  I see little value in going
> through the normal package review pushups, when this is absolutely
> nothing except a backwards-compatibility package --- it ought to be
> exactly like the F16 libpng package.  And I'd like to get it done
> before the F18 branch.

Rather than working around the review process, just go ahead and make
the package, upload it somewhere, open a review ticket, and I'll review
it after lunch today. I'm familiar with that package, so it should be a
very quick review for me to complete, and the branching request should
be able to be processed today.

~tom

==
Fedora Project