On Sat, 11.08.12 11:23, Rex Dieter (rdie...@math.unl.edu) wrote:

> OK,  so we have
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DisplayManagerRework#How_To_Test
>
> that tells one how to enable the display manager of your choice, via
> systemctl enable --force xyzdm.service
>
> But, how to handle upgrades? (or is this case already handled
> somehow?)

This should be handled already bei the postinst scriptlet in the systemd
RPM. I must admit though that I gave that bit only minimal testing. But
it should work, and the core of it is just copied out of the old prefdm
script, so that we closely convert the old settings into new settings.

> Off the top of my head, perhaps create some sort of scriptlet (probably to
> live in initscripts, since that's what owned prefdm) to parse
> /etc/sysconfig/desktop to make some educated guess about which dm service to
> enable.

That's pretty much exactly what we have, except that this actually
resides in systemd.rpm.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.