Em 17-10-2012 11:44, Matthew Miller escreveu:
> With the stipulation that rsyslog would still be available to provide a
> traditional syslog-style text logs, what are reasonable hard requirements
> for making systemd the main logging system installed by default? (Or, an
> alternate softer implementation: rsyslogd would be installed by default but
> would not be in 'core'.)

Anything that is proposed to replace rsyslogd should be capable of getting
logs not only from a local machine, but also from network devices
(wifi, cable/xDSL modem, VoIP phone) and from other machines. Until
journald can't handle it, I don't think it is ready to be the default logger,
as it won't fill even my home network needs.

So, the big missing feature seems to be syslog UDP/TCP protocol support.

Regards,
Mauro