On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Ian Pilcher <arequip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It might be worth re-evaluating whether that's realistic any more,
>> though, and whether we're _really_ committed to finally replacing
>> network with NM in some kind of reasonable timeframe.
>
> To this point, NetworkManager has failed to gain basic bridge support.
> In the meantime, Open vSwitch, which has a ton more configuration
> options has been recently added to the distro.
>
> I'd argue that NM actually continues to fall farther behind.

Yeah, I love NetworkManager until it bites me - I've lost count of how
many times I've been in a coffee shop and had to use 'sudo nmcli con
del id' to get back online. ;-)

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench:

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?