On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 09:59:52AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Oh sure. I guess I need to draw a distinction between what I see as two
> different cases. Which I'm sure you understand but I'm having trouble
> describing clearly. I guess what I'm saying is, if
> there's /etc/keyboard.conf specifying 'KEYBOARD=foo', I should never
> have to pass 'KEYBOARD=foo' as a cmdline to make foo my keyboard layout
> in some case. As things stand I believe I do, for passphrase entry
> during dracut.

It should also be made the other way round, i.e. if a keyboard layout is
specified at the kernel command line, it should not be necessary to
specify one in a local config file. Then if everything should use the
same keyboard layout, there is only one place to set this instead of
several ones that might diverge unintended.

Regards
Till