On 01/09/2013 12:26 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

One of the big questions to answer is distribution. I can see good
arguments on the one hand distributing formulas via RPM and on the
other having an official Git repository for them.

Yep. I am torn here too. rpms get us a lot, but are also inflexable in
other ways. :)

Let me make an argument against rpms here.

Ansible doesn't require anything on the local system to run a playbook.

That's one of its virtues.

For a user if we just use a git repo then the user doesn't have to
modify their system in order to use the tools to change their system.

There is a certain amount of elegance in that not to mention just not
being annoying.

It also allows a user to take a recipe, fork, modify, improve etc and test it without necessarily knowing anything about rpm... or being a packager in the packager group etc. Having a fedora account etc...

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613