Dne 24.1.2013 14:18, Michael Schwendt napsal(a):
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:13:09 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Dne 23.1.2013 21:04, Bruno Wolff III napsal(a):
One possiblity here would be to create a special package that
obsoletes all of the dropped packages from the last release (or two
depending on how far back you want to yum update from).
Actually, this is cool idea IMO. Why this package does not exist yet?
Rel-engs has to have list of blocked packages already, so it should be
easy to convert it into .spec.
It has been suggested, discussed and rejected many years ago. Here's
one thread from 2007,

   https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2007-March/msg00089.html

and I remember it has been a topic before for early FESCO, but probably
on IRC or the closed list. As one can see, we referred to it with the
term "garbage collection" for packages. That's why I managed to find this
thread, too.

Thank you for pointing it out. Was not aware of it.

Vít