On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM, Jaroslav Reznik <jrez...@redhat.com> wrote:
> = Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames
>
> Feature owner(s):  Kay Sievers <kay at redhat dot com>
>
> The udevd service has a long history of providing predicatable names for block
> devices and others. For Fedora 19 we'd like to provide the same for network
> interfaces, following a similar naming scheme, but only as fallback if not
> other solution such as biosdevname is installed or the administrator manually
> defined network interface names via udev rules or the old network scripts.

71-biosdevname.rules only handles KERNEL=="eth*"; so am I correct that
it doesn't affect "wlan*" names at all?

If "wlan*" is not controlled by biosdevname, what happens to them in
this proposal in the default installation?  Will they remain unchanged
because biosdevname is installed, or will they be changed because
biosdevname doesn't assign them a name?
    Mirek