On Thu, 24.01.13 16:03, Jochen Schmitt (joc...@herr-schmitt.de) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried to migrating the cron jobs of the inn package to systemd timers.
> Unfortunately, I have got the following problem. After a install/update of the
> package the timer will only start the service unit only once time. The service
> was not started after the configure period was expired. But when I have
> restart
> the system, it's works as expected.

For timer units the same rules generally apply as for service units. To
make sure they are enabled after boot you have two optins:

a) list them in the "%systemd_post" rpm macro (and the other macros too)
   like you would do for service units. Note that "%systemd_post" and
   friends take an arbitrary amount of unit names. To enable these timer
   units by default, you'd also need to get them listed in the fedora
   preset files.

b) Or you include them in the "Also=" field of your service unit's
   [Install] section. That means that whenever your service unit is
   enabled/disabled your timer unit is too. If you use this no addition
   to the preset files should be necessary.

c) Or you could list them as "Wants=" dependency in your service unit's
   [Service] section. That means that whenever your service unit is
   started, your time unit is too. No need for preset file changes.

I think c) is the best choice if it makes little sense to ever run the
service without the timer unit. It makes things very robust.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.