On 03/07/2013 05:13 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Eh. Given that Canonical now appear to be building Ubuntu OS, I have
very little interest in trying to package Unity any more.
I don't think it would make sense to package any of the bits individually unless you buy into their whole roadmap which includes a number of tightly integrated components and that probably will have patches across the stack. Since they are targeting the mobile/tablet world, it seems the Google model is the one they have adopted which admittedly has worked out great for Google but I don't think Canonical has the same muscle to flex. We will know in a few years how successful their chosen path is. This is a watershed moment for them.

Rahul