On 03/13/2013 02:45 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
Sorry, I have not seen it "rehashed many times" in this thread, but maybe I missed a bunch of messages. Then for consistency, treat single-boot (with multiple kernel options) the same as dual-boot. There's not enough gain to justify extra code to handle single-boot vs. dual-boot.

Before the introduction of GRUB2, we had no timeout for non-dual boot systems and a timeout was added for dual boot systems and it was that way for a few releases. So none of these conversations seem to be adding anything new. This part of the thread is basically a giant rehash.

Rahul