On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 03:37:03PM +0200, Alec Leamas wrote:
> In a large package (openerp7) I have found some bundled .ttf and
> .otf font files. One of these (Inconsolata) seems to exist in Fedora
> as levien-inconsolata-fonts, the others (see below) I cannot find
> with a quick search.
>
> The fonts are parts of specific addons (a. k. a. plugins). They are
> referenced  with explicit paths in various .css or css/* files.
>
> The entypo-webfont.ttf seems to have a working upstream
> http://www.entypo.com.
> I cannot find an upstream for mnmliconsv21-webfont.ttf, hint is that
> it's generated by "Font Squirrel" ?!
> There seem to be an upstream for zocial-regular-webfont.ttf, at
> https://github.com/adamstac/zocial, providing a woff file.
>
> Now, what should I do with these? Packaging GL tells me to "avoid"
> bundling ttf/otf files. What's this in this case?
>
> Utterly confused. Any hint, out there?

We had a similar problem with a package a few weeks ago:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2013-April/009046.html

The first thing to work out: Does simply deleting the font file(s)
make any difference to the documentation / package?  In our case, the
packager could simply delete the file [in %install] and it appeared to
make absolutely no difference to the rendered HTML documentation, thus
problem solved :-)

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v