On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Eric Smith <brouh...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I have gsmartcontrol working with consolehelper in F17, but it fails
> to launch in F18 and F19, and logs messages like this:
>
> Jun 12 19:33:30 localhost /etc/gdm/Xsession[2594]: The password you typed is
> in\
> valid.
> Jun 12 19:33:30 localhost /etc/gdm/Xsession[2594]: Please try again.
"/etc/gdm/Xsession" ?!  I'm not even sure what is writing this to
syslog (userhelper would either show the message in a dialog or to
stderr).  Might be a red herring, or might indicate a
misconfiguration.

In case it helps, this message is output based on PAM return codes
PAM_{AUTH_ERR,AUTHTOK_ERR,PERM_DENIED}.
    Mirek