On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 07:24:15AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Just because someone decided "there has to be a size limit and if we
> > don't meet that target we block the release" does
> > not mean that this is the right thing to do (note: it isn't). A limit
> > only makes sense if you target a CD.
> As noted in my previous message, we are in fact still targeting optical
> media with the live images: the multi-live DVD image.

Small size is also desirable for cloud images -- it makes them easier to
manipulateand faster to deploy. I know that's not the _current_ discussion,
but I hope people remember that if optical media go away (or increase 10x in
capacity, or whatever), a small core still has practical advantages.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mat...@fedoraproject.org>