john.flor...@dart.biz (john.flor...@dart.biz) said:
> > Or you can de-install rsyslog and have everything as you love it.
>
> Which makes more sense: take a default and modify it via composition ...
> or take a default and modify it via decomposition?
>
> I'd always choose the former, regardless of the case or how convenient it
> was to me.

Exactly - adding to the minimal install is generally always a supported
operation.  Removing from the minimal install is always a 'buyer beware'
or 'you get both pieces' operation.

(Also, I do wonder if those who suggest unchecking rsyslog *in anaconda*
do regular interactive installs. That's not been offered for quite some time
now outside of kickstart.)

Bill