Am Sonntag, den 28.07.2013, 04:03 -0700 schrieb Dan Mashal:
> Hi,
>
> After discussion on #fedora-devel, my MATE co-maintainer raveit65,
> Kalev, Misc, and previous conversations with Rex, I am ready to retire
> ConsoleKit.

Others are not. I am pretty sure ConsoleKit is still needed by LXDM and
slim as they don't support systemd-logind and by pcmamfm and thunar for
handling permissions of removable devices.

> LightDM seems to fully support systemd-logind.
>

> However I have no rights to commit to systemd.
>
> Lennart or any proven packager please add the following obsoletes tag
> to systemd:
>
> obsoletes: ConsoleKit
> obsoletes: ConsoleKit-x11
> obsoletes: ConsoleKit-libs

I don't see why we need to obsolete it at this point. Sure, at some
point it needs to die, but your approach doesn't seem well thought
through.

> I will take care of testing, retiring and blocking the package.

Are you planning other desktops, too? And what about window-managers?

Best regards,
Christoph