On 08/30/2013 08:42 PM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
I've found that packaging Rails apps for the long term (especially for
EPEL) is an absolute nightmare. Looking at OBS's webui requirements,
getting that to run on EL6 with the standard Ruby 1.8.7 would be a
near-impossible undertaking. If Fedora's release engineering was going
to try to implement this using a package stack that actually comes
from Fedora or EPEL (and not some side repo), the OBS web server(s)
would probably need to run Fedora or RHEL 7.

Partially agree.
But with software collections this is just little bumper on the road. We can
withing 2 weeks deliver Rails 4 to EL6.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS
Red Hat, Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys