On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 03:42:31AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Based on the bugs presented in the ticket, despite the loose use of FQDN,
> > this appeared to be about putting \n in /etc/issue (after the initial idea
> > of calling agetty --long-hostname was discarded). The agetty man page says
> > that's nodename from `uname -n`, which is the underlying implementation to
> > gethostname().
> Well, the hostname is also shown directly in front of the "login:"
> prompt (on the same line) by agetty itself (i.e. is not generated via
> /etc/issue). Do you want to show it twice now, once via /etc/issue and
> once via that login prompt agetty generates?
>
> Or is part of this change that --nohostname becomes the default for our
> agetty invocations? If so this should probably be a change that is made
> in agetty. (Or a bug needs to be filed against systemd to add this to
> the agetty cmdline in getty@.service, but I am very cold towards
> overriding defaults of other software with systemd).

This was convered in the proposal, and that's why there was a bug already
filed to change the agetty command line in getty@.service. But now Jóhann
has now closed them all as WONTFIX so I'm not sure what's going on.

Personally I don't really care enough about this to drive it further either
way, but it sounded like some other people might.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mat...@fedoraproject.org>