On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 08:59:40AM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 09:23:44PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > On Sep 11, 2013 6:02 PM, "Matthew Miller" <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > > What if we made this like the "I voted" stickers -- you can get one by
> > > checking a box in the voting app? (Even if, by the way, you cast no actual
> > > votes?)
> > >
> > I had thought that this would trigger off of someone hitting submit on the
> > election page.  That should vote 0 for all candidates if no votes are
> > assigned but still meet the trigger condition.  Not sure if that meets the
> > criteria for objectors, though.  Ralph bean should weigh in here as to
> > whether "logged in during an election period" would also be suitable (which
> > was something that people seemed to think would be acceptable earlier in
> > the thread).
>
> Hm, its not worth doing if we're going to make it complex like this.
> I think we should just drop it.  No fedmsg broadcast for votes, only
> for election period opening/closing and only for election results
> publication/retraction by the admin (with obviously no user
> participation data included).
>
> It is just not important enough to:
>
> 1) cause anyone any worry.
> 2) bother engineering a complicated "compromise" solution.
>
> If someone wants to argue that we still try to make it happen, I'll
> hear that and implement it if a consensus is formed.  (FWIW,
> personally I'm still all for it).

I tend to align with Ralph on this. I do think there is interest and even
benefit from having a badge system coupled with the elections.
If only because we have 2436 (on Thu Sep 12 13:56:25 UTC 2013) people registered
on badges while for the last elections we had:
- FESCO: 200 ballots
- Board: 204 ballots

There is the risk of having people voting just to get the badges, but there is
also the possibility of motivating people to follow the elections and vote
thanks to the badge system.

However, the discussion here seems to indicate that a number of person do not
like the idea of been marked as "Has voted" (w/o any other information) and
unless more people express their opinion, then so be it :)

My 2 cts,
Pierre