Michael Schwendt <mschwendt <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Skype is not included with Fedora. Skype does not (and cannot) influence
> which packages are multilib'ed when the repos are composed. Skype 32-bit
> doesn't depend on "openssl". What on your machine depends on 32-bit "openssl"
> and not "openssl-libs"?

In F16, when I had 32-bit packages (namely Skype and Fedora's wine)
installed, I had both openssl.i686 and openssl.x86_64 installed, so
openssl.i686 is pulled in, directly or indirectly, by either Skype or wine.
It's easy to find out which one by trying to remove openssl.i686 to see what
it wants to remove with it.