On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 15:21:56 -0600,
  Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 13:29 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
I have asked on the advisory-board list about getting an official
Fedora
position on OpenH264 before the vote occurs. I don't want to be
making
claims about Fedora on my own on how far Fedora will or won't go in
supporting OpenH264. (This could in theory affect our ability to use
the
Firefox trademark if we block its ability to download that codec from
Cisco.
Assuming that the download is implemented in Firefox.)

Thanks very much; the statement at [1] makes it clear that Fedora will
not support WebRTC if H.264 becomes MTI. Now, who wants to tell the
IETF....

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2013-November/012261.html

That's not what it says. That just says we won't package the binary. What isn't answered is limitations on the process for Firefox downloading it in Fedora. I really doubt firefox will be totally prevented from downloading the binary as a plugin. It might be only doable by an admin. The default might be changed so it doesn't automatically do the install. Or there might be other tweaks to make it less intrusive for people that don't want it or maybe to make sure they understand the restrictions they agree to by using / downloading the binary. And it looks like that falls under FESCO's purview (if they want some limitations).