On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Rahul Sundaram <methe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps instead of ignoring them entirely, you can just sort the results or
> having
> a secondary view "Click here for command line applications that match your
> search
> results"  etc can be considered.

I guess the main obstacle here is that there isn't really a good
criterion which is as clear-cut as "installs a (non-NoDisplay)
.desktop file" => "this is a user-visible gui application" for gui
applications - mutt certainly is a user application, sshd clearly is
not, zsh ... maybe?
"installs an executable in PATH (no libraries, libexec helpers) and
does not install a .service file (no system services)" would still
consider /usr/bin/X a command line application ...