Il 07/12/2013 13:20, Jochen Schmitt ha scritto:
What should happens, if the reporter of the nune-responsive maintainer bug only want to takeover a single package, but the unresponsive maintainer owns several packages? But I can imagine, that there may be helpful to use the none-responsive maintainer bug report as an blocker bug to all the bugs assigned to the non-responsive maintainer. Therefore, We may need a special script to maintain such sorts of blocker bugs. Best Regards: Jochen Schmitt

Well, if the maintainer does not respond I think all his packages must be orphaned, not only the one for which the policy was started.

In my case I don't want to take ownership of boinc-client because that package is rather complicated and I don't think to be skilled enough, but I started the unresponsive policy because that maintainer owns many packages and he's not been active for many months. Maybe someone will take the ownership of some of his packages if they're orphaned (for boinc-client, for example, there are already two co-maintainers).

I think for Fedora is better to have only maintained packages rather than have a lot of packages unmantained and with broken functionalities.