Am 02.01.2014 17:35, schrieb Richard W.M. Jones:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 04:28:59PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> look like it starts to happen again: a replacement which is not ready
>>
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2014-January/444565.html
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2014-January/444563.html
>>
>> please realize that a drop-in replacement *first* needs to be *really*
>> drop-in and not "somehow like", otherwise all the things you may make
>> better are worthless
>
> Why did you even bother posting this message, if not to dismiss the
> hard work of people who actually do stuff, rather than spending all
> day trolling?

to prevent that the same as with GRUB2 and systemd way too early
made it in a stable release happening again - and after that get
again "why are you open your mouth now and not due testing" back

if this is "trolling" in your eyes i can't help you

replacing things too soon means lacking of functionality and
bugs in cases which worked perfect over years - so for me if
someone is going out and replace working things there must be
a very good reason to do so and the minimum acceptance is that
it must provide *all* capabilities of what is replaced

> DNF is a planned replacement (some time in the future). Ales is quite
> correctly asking for feedback and opening things up to a wider
> userbase.  Some things don't work, as he is aware

oh yeah "i see" with answers like  "In practice however, a user doesn't type
'dnf erase -y kernel' by accident" - no i distribute "yum -y remove kernel"
since years over a infrastructure *because i know* yum would never remove the
running kernel

"If there are specific plugins you'd like to see sooner please open bugs
for them" - oh no - the other way round things are working, there are
yum-plugins over years in the fedora repos, so if someone goes out and
start replacing yum he do not need bugreports