On 01/06/2014 02:06 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Dne 6.1.2014 13:31, Lars E. Pettersson napsal(a):
What would be the point in removing the running kernel? Is there
actually such a use case?

Lars

Why are you asking? May be you should let your imagination run riot.

Why? Isn't that obvious? If there is no use case for removing the running kernel, well, then there's no reason to let a application do so, isn't it?

Allowing something that has no, or a minuscules use case, while at the same time might create huge problems for non technically oriented user, is, in my opinion, really bad.

Also, I'd like to point out that "yum/dnf remove" by default shows what
it is going to do and you have to explicitly confirm the action, isn't
it enough? How much protection do you need?

Me? For me personally it dose not matter. The reason I debate this is to help the unsuspecting ordinary non technical users from debunking their systems. The user perspective is good to have sometimes, you know.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <l...@homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/