On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:16:42 +0100, Jochen Schmitt wrote:

> > There is a growing number of people in the NEEDSPONSOR queue, who have
> > submitted a single package only and who don't attempt at doing a review of
> > a different package in the various queues (not even a review of the own
> > package).
>
> Review your own package?

Of course! Everybody may review packages and even post the results.
Approving packages is something else.

> I think the aim of the review process is, that a second one should have
> a look on your package to verify, that your package mmets the package
> guidelines and so on.

Sure. That's the requirement for approval. You can only submit packages,
which meet the guidelines, if you review your own package. ;)

> Most people may be blind against thier onw mistakes, so it makes sense
> that anonther one take a look on the package which should introduced
> to Fedora.

According to that theory, they would introduce the same mistakes once the
package has entered the collection, ... because there is no review process
for updates/upgrades anymore.