On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 13:48 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
>> > To be honest my concerns are more with my user hat on than my contributor
>> > hat - that we will lose the gold standard unified packaging standards and
>> > single source and mechanism for installing packages.
>>
>> I haven't seen anything from any WG that would suggest a deviation
>> from RPM packaging guidelines or using separate repositories.  It is a
>> valid concern and one we need to keep an eye on.
>
> Um. As I read it, three out of four WGs - desktop, server, and cloud -
> have at least discussed the possibility of implementing what are, in
> essence, secondary package management layers. The details differ - 'app
> bundles' for desktop, 'containers' or whatever for server and cloud -
> but the effect is the same.

Secondary being the key word.  None of them are proposing alternate
RPM repositories or changing the Fedora packaging guidelines.  Tom was
expressing that he is concerned the Fedora repos would go away or be
of decreased quality.  None of the WG proposals are altering those
repos.  They will still exist, much as they do today.

josh