On 01/26/2014 11:08 AM, drago01 wrote:
gcc isn't an application in a sense of "gui application" so there is
to ways to install it
either the user installs an IDE which pulls it in as dep or he/she
installs it using yum/dnf.

Would it not be better to have a 'software center' that includes ALL software available, be they GUI related or not? Probably based on rpm-packages, as that is what our system ultimately relies on. A GUI to handle ALL software available would be better, than one only installing GUI-related software, in my opinion.

How does 'application' correlates to a rpm-package?

Application means GUI application that has a .desktop file.

That makes the 'software center' of lesser use, as the user will be confused when he/she does not find the program/rpm-package/application he/she wants to install.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <l...@homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/