Hi,

dhcpd is just an (maybe bad) example.

But even dhcpd needs a lot of work. I need to configure ranges, options (which could like gateqway and dns partly automagically gathered from the exsting network configuration), ... binding dhcpd to bind to enable dynamic updates, ...

and double this stuff for IPv4 and IPv6.

I used this only as an example to show that nearly all daemons are not ready-to-run.

cups and apache are not sharing user-groups with samba and nagios, ...

Integration of services is often possible, but not done when doing a fresh Fedora installation.

What I would like is more integration to produce a working "server". If I create a user group, it should be known in all installed services.

This might not be restricted to servers: all audio-components are there to do some professional work: jack, pulseuaudio, alsa, Audacity, plugins, ... but I have to fiddle them together myself.

cu romal