On 01/31/2014 03:23 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Dan Horák <d...@danny.cz> wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:10:49 -0500
Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Hi,

I've sent two builds of linux-firmware to koji this morning and both
fail with a strange error in root.log/mock_output.log:

ERROR: Command failed. See logs for output.
  # ['fedpkg', 'sources']
Downloading linux-firmware-20140131.tar.gz
error: line 41: Double separator '-' in: iwl100-firmware-39.31.5.1-4:
Obsoletes: iwl100-firmware < iwl100-firmware-39.31.5.1-4

must be
Obsoletes: iwl100-firmware < 39.31.5.1-4

it's a new sanity check present in rpm in rawhide for eg. a week

OK, thanks!  Would have been nice if there was a heads up from the RPM
people about that one.  The error message is rather unhelpful
considering it works fine in previous versions.

The error message is bad indeed, will change it to something more easily comprehendable for 4.11.2 final.

As for lack of a heads up for this, frankly I didn't expect to see it trip up anything in Fedora land as such dependencies are plain broken: In ranged dependencies the last part is always just an EVR version string, name does not belong there. While rpm version comparison will decide *something* on such a string, its almost certainly not what the packager intended.

So apparently this is a highly useful and important sanity check, much more so than I expected :)

        - Panu -