On 02/13/2014 12:33 PM, Martin Stransky wrote:
 From the original post at [1]:

"Directory Tiles will instead suggest pre-packaged content for
first-time users.   Some of these tile placements will be from the
Mozilla ecosystem, some will be popular websites in a given geographic
location, and some will be sponsored content from hand-picked partners
to help support Mozilla’s pursuit of our mission.  The sponsored tiles
will be clearly labeled as such, while still leading to content we think
users will enjoy."

To me this reads as the common blabber/gossip, we are used to hear from marketeers - They all pretend to their stuff was "fair" and "interesting".

These people haven't realized the "in-app" "ad-model" is a dying species, because user are tired of being molested, cheated, exploited and being spied out.

Harsh words, I know, but that's just what I think about it.

Ralf