On 02/07/2014 04:06 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
Dear all,

Unless there are objections, I will be updating the python-sphinx
documentation generator in Rawhide to the latest 1.2.1 release.

For the convenience of maintainers of affected packages, here are
the incompatible changes since 1.1.3, pulled from
http://sphinx-doc.org/changes.html:

1.2: Removed the sphinx.ext.refcounting extension ? it is very
specific to CPython and has no place in the main distribution.

1.2 beta3: PR#154: Remove ?sphinx? prefix from LaTeX class name
except ?sphinxmanual? and ?sphinxhowto?. Now you can use your
custom document class without ?sphinx? prefix. Thanks to Erik B.

1.2 beta2: PR#144, #1182: Force timezone offset to LocalTimeZone
on POT-Creation-Date that was generated by gettext builder. Thanks
to masklinn and Jakub Wilk.

1.2 beta1: Removed sphinx.util.compat.directive_dwim() and
sphinx.roles.xfileref_role() which were deprecated since version
1.0. PR#122: the files given in latex_additional_files now override
TeX files included by Sphinx, such as sphinx.sty. PR#124: the node
generated by versionadded, versionchanged and deprecated directives
now includes all added markup (such as ?New in version X?) as child
nodes, and no additional text must be generated by writers. PR#99:
the seealso directive now generates admonition nodes instead of the
custom seealso node.

Affected packages (maintainers will need to double-check, and chime
in if they would prefer the update be deferred):

Michel, would you mind putting up a packaged version of
python-sphinx-1.2.1 on a COPR or other repository for us to pull down
and test in our builds? Quite a lot of packages rely on Sphinx, so I
think we may even want to deal with this in a side-tag.

That's certainly a good idea, here they are:

  http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/salimma/sphinx12/

Built for F-20; Rawhide builds are ongoing at present.

I probably wouldn't do a side tag -- the downside seems to outweigh the upside -- but do let me know if any problem crops up with Sphinx-dependent packages. I'll probably push a Rawhide update at the end of the month unless there are major breakages, but will keep the F-20 build in copr unless there are strong requests to push it as an update.

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/