On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Florian Festi <ffe...@redhat.com> wrote:

We are currently working on adding weak and rich dependencies to
upstream RPM. There are basically two parts:

Is someone signed up to do the necessary frontend work for this on the dnf/yum side? If we're allowing choice of "A | B" like this, there needs to be a frontend that actually allows choosing, like aptitude.

I guess one could go with the "shortest package name wins" approach or whatever the current heuristic is for now...

This is also relevant with things like kickstart files, where there is no interactivity allowed.

(For what it's worth I think making packaging even more complex and less predictable in order to increase flexibility is precisely the opposite direction of what we should be doing...but that's OK because I am coming at this from the other direction. We'll meet in the middle somehow ;) )