On 03/06/2014 11:31 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:

As for pdftk: I see 2 failed builds for version 1.45 and none for the
current version 2.02 (which probably breaks the api anyways). What are
the plans? Retire pdftk completely? Start fresh with pdftk2?

pdftk has a hard dependency on GCJ because it's a C++ program that uses a Java library (iText) through CNI. I once tried to rewrite the C++ part in Java, but the existing command line parser is quite involved, so I didn't quite get there.

Switch to pdftk version 2 doesn't change the basic architecture of the program.

(We really want to get rid of GCJ.)