On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>wrote:

> Am 07.03.2014 18:16, schrieb Ryan Lerch:
> > IMHO, the proposal was less of
> >
> > "let's remove ugly icons"
> >
> > and more
> >
> > "lets hide applications that use icons in this particular format that
> doesn't support the features of the software
> > application"
>
> IMHO you did not read the proposal itself
> scroll down - i pasted it again in this message

IMHO Ryan is exactly correct - and you're coming off as a bit
condescending. The proposal is about a particular image format which
doesn't scale well to the size we need in the software center and doesn't
have an alpha channel. It's not a judgement on the design of the icon.

> > It is still possible to have ugly icons, they just have to be in PNG,
> GIF or SVG format
>
> and that is why "and look very bad" defined by the format is flawed

if you take a small bitmap and scale it up it will look bad, no matter how
well it's designed otherwise. That's just a limitation of the format, and
saying so is not flawed.