On 03/19/2014 01:35 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 01:29:24PM +0100, Kalev Lember wrote:
>> KDE should be release blocking. It's strongly represented in Fedora,
>> both in terms of users and available developer resources. We should make
>> sure KDE is fully functional before rolling out a Fedora release.
>
> Should this (the release blocking part) be as part of the Workstation WG, or
> independent of that?

No, I meant independently.

Workstation might implement easy installation of alternative desktops in
the GNOME Software app at some point. When something like this is in
place, it probably makes sense to make sure it's also working before
releasing. But that's a future thing.

I would like to see more focus in Fedora. And to me, having these 3 core
Products is a good way of doing that. Instead of saying that everything
in Fedora is equal, we would now say that these 3 products are the main
deliverable.

But even if we say that having only 3 products is set in stone and
promote them as the main offering, it doesn't mean that other, existing
spins should go away.

I would like them to flourish.

Since KDE has the man power to fix thing, if their developers agree to
that, I think it makes sense to say that KDE spin is release blocking:
we wait for fixes to land, and don't release Fedora with a broken KDE.

But that's of course the KDE SIG's decision to make. I am just
expressing my ideas.

--
Kalev