On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Are you installing them with the package? I guess file:// could make
> sense, so if that's what you're doing can you file a bug in
> https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib/tree/master/libappstream-glib
> please and we'll discuss there. Generally I think screenshots should
> be available on some remote server (which is only accessed when
> building metadata, not by all clients) as they tend to be sizeable and
> not particularly useful if you've got an app already installed.

Agreed.  I really only need this to solve a chicken and egg problem.  I
want to convince upstream to adopt the AppData file that I've written for
them.  It would be helpful to my argument if I could show them what their
app would look like in gnome-software.  But, since upstream hasn't posted
any screenshots (that I can find), I need to do something else to
demonstrate to them what this would gain, hence the question.

I can probably find web space somewhere to upload the screenshots I've
taken, but it seems weird for me to be hosting their screenshots.  Still,
that's probably what I should do until [1] I can get upstream to do the
hosting.

Footnotes:
[1] He says optimistically.
--