On Sat, 12 Apr 2014, Reindl Harald wrote:

That's wrong. a DNS server can use a forwareder for some or all of its
recursive queries. unbound+dnssec-triggerd mostly cause unbound to do
full recursion but using the ISP nameserver as forward for all queries.

oh no - please try to understand what recursion means in case of DNS

may i suggest to read some docs because if i talk about DNS as one
who maintains 600 domains as DNS provider as well as Registry for
the .at domain and implemented DNS admin-backends years ago i know
what i am talking about

If we are going to do appeals to authority for making arguments, I've
been doing DNSSEC since 2001, ran an ISP between 1995 and 2005 that had
500+ domains, have pending DNS RFC drafts out there, am acknowledged
on many more DNS RFCs published, am a member of a global DNS incident
response team, member of DNS-OARC, implemented a failover dual-software
dual-setup multi-local DNSSEC signed for a TLD larger that .at praised
by the entire DNS industry, performed DNS outage post-mortem at one of
Canada's largest banks and was one of ten ICANN newGTLD Registry Services
panel members evaluting the 1500 new TLD submissions for their technical
implementations of DNS and Registry Services. I think I know what
recursion means.....

Now can we go back to actually discussion technical arguments again?

Thanks.

Paul