On 15 April 2014 14:35, Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Whoa, the fact that the Firewall is on by default in Fedora (along
> with SELinux) is one of the reasons I choose Fedora over alternatives.

Same thing here, It was really surprising to see it as a proposed feature.
How can it be that after years we are disabling the firewall by default?
I personally find it a big, big step backwards.

Instead of disabiling it, wouldn't be a better approach to have a more
relaxed firewall policy for the workstation product that opens the
additional ports for DAAP, UPnp, etc.?

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/