Rahul Sundaram writes:

Hi

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Sam Varshavchik  wrote:

   According to its manpage, setjmp and longjmp conform to C89, C99, and
   POSIX. I'm afraid I just can't wrap my brain around a concept of something
   that's good enough for POSIX, but not good enough for Fedora.

Just because a API is widely available doesn't make it a good idea to use it.   Lots of things that are standardized should never really be used but only retained for compatibility.  ex: gets()

That old tune has accumulated a couple of decades' worth of dust, by now, and I always found the ominous warning in the man page to be quite funny.