I have a script I wrote that we've been using for years to manage large
number of servers using yum to manage rpm install/upgrades etc via ssh from
management server. So long as that usecase is covered still, ie dnf can be
scripted around with sane exit codes, than I'm a happy bunny.  From what
I've seen this would appear to be the case.

Obviously comments around cli make me nervous with the above being a common
approach to managing server farms.

Jon