On 06/16/2014 05:06 PM, drago01 wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Matthew Miller
> <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>> Already exists:
>>> $ rpm -ql dnf | grep systemd
>>> /usr/lib/systemd/system/dnf-makecache.service
>>> /usr/lib/systemd/system/dnf-makecache.timer
>>> $ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/dnf-makecache.service
>>> [Unit]
>>> Description=dnf makecache
>>
>> That's not the most descriptiony of all descriptions ever, but if the name
>> is any indication, it is just a thing which keeps the cache up to date.
>>
>> yum-cron can actually apply updates  [....]
>
> That sounds dangerous ... updates are not really atomic (i.e not at
> all) doing them silently in the background is a very bad idea.

if you think it's dangerous don't use it! but it's not a reason! and
since many of us use it since many years we still wanna use it. and if
dnf has not as feature rich as yum + yum-utils + yum-cron then probably
it's not a 'replacement' for yum. and those who prefer dnf in stead of
yum still can replace it.