On 10 Jul 2014, at 07:04, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

On 07/09/2014 05:08 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 04:42:23PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
I do not know which or if any Spins will be providing the
specific net install CD you're asking about. This will not be an
*official* (read: tested by QA) method of installing Fedora.
However, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

A few months ago* I remember the server WG talking about providing
a minimal/netinstall image. Has this changed?

* dredges up meeting logs --
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/server-wg/server-wg. 2014-02-25-16.00.html

That's why I said the *specific* netinstall he was asking for. The
Fedora Server netinstall wouldn't be producing a non-productized
result, which is what he asked for: "4.  There would be, at least, a
net install CD to install a traditional "non-productized" Fedora system."

A minimal netinstall would be ok if there is a simple way to replace the "productized" fedora-release package with a plain, non- productized fedora-release package.

In saying that, I am making an assumption that, once the fedora- release package is switched out, then any "product" requirements or constraints would disappear and the system would be a traditional, non-productized Fedora system that could then be configured however the system administrator chose.

Is that assumption wrong?

Thanks.

--
Mike Pinkerton