On 10/21/2014 10:37 AM, Sergio Pascual wrote:
> Just a question. If I retire the package in F21, will it affect the F20
> F21 upgrade path for those
> who have python-llvmpy installed?
>
> I mean, you upgrade, there is a new llvm 3.5, but you have python-llvpmy
> that requires llvm 3.4
> and... fedup will probably ignore python-llvpmy and will go ahead, but
> those that use yum will need to
> uninstall python-llvmpy by hand. Is this correct?

The usual fix for this is to have something remove the retired package
on upgrades. llvm should be a good candidate for doing the removal since
all python-llvmpy installations already have llvm installed.

Something like this in llvm spec file:

Obsoletes: python-llvmpy < 0.12.7-2
Obsoletes: python3-llvmpy < 0.12.7-2

--