Mattia,

On 2014-11-21 05:21, Mattia Verga wrote:
Hi all,
despite my efforts and many wasted hours I'm unable to build recent
versions of boinc-client (I'm stuck with errors about gtk-2.0 and
gtk-3.0 co-existence).
I'm only a co-maintainer, but the primary maintainer has abandoned the
package to its fate long time ago (but he never orphaned it) and there
are a lot of bugs that he never cared about. So, despite the fact that
the package will not be orphaned, it will be de facto when I will
abandon it.

It would be nice if someone more skilled can take some care to it.
Apart from problems due to gtk-3.0, I think the way boinc-client works
should be rethought: the daemon mode leads to many problems accessing
GPU computing capabilities and detection of user activity in X. In my
opinion boinc should be started by user and not by a system process
and it must run project files into user home directory to allow more
users on the same workstation.

Today I've made the last changes to clean up some stuff. I hope
someone other has interest to take care of it.
Thank you

The boinc-client problems on recent versions of Fedora have been driving me crazy! - I have drastically reduced the amount of stuff I do for BOINC because of it. It is a bit sad - I would really like to do more NOT LESS for BOINC! Maybe when I get myself a new workstation I will leave the old machine running as the server without X etc and not have to worry about boinc-client driving me crazy . .

Thanks for the work you have done to date anyway - I appreciate it.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades