On 12/09/2014 02:19 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 09.12.2014 um 19:45 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
Richard Hughes wrote:
So do I! I'm a developer, which spin do I use so that the firewall
doesn't get in my way? We can't develop a *product* based around what
you specifically want, not me, nor anyone else on this list.

If you're a developer, surely you know what a port is and can make a few
clicks in firewall-config or system-config-firewall to open it! A
"developer" who can't even figure that out is a HORRIBLE developer!

Still waiting for that answer about the rygel use case. You'll see how
much of a HORRIBLE setup this can be...

wrong question

if there is a software which changes it's listening port randomly than
fix that broken by design software instead ruin the firewall

there is *no single* technical reason to chose a random port

I don't like the new default but I say that there are reasons for that. Example: two simultaneous users on differente sessions want to share music. The solution, define a port range for the default rygel installation, and the firewall UI should know the ranges Rygel uses.

frankly FTP is also that broken by design but at least it has ALG /
helpers to make it useable, design a service past 2010 the same way is
broken by design

so you can fix that crap or design something like "nf_nat_ftp" or
"nf_conntrack_ftp" for it