> Still there is a ton of things that are trivial with CLI and surprisingly
> hard without it. Not all of them are geeky or developy: just the other day, I
> was looking at an SD card from my camera; the JPEGS were in a standard DCIM
> directory, but the video files were hidden under multiple levels of
> non-obviously-named directories. Finding them on Windows was quite
> frustrating, whereas on Linux it was simply "find . -size +99999"

> The executive summary: I hope there's a way to improve the pretty graphical
> interfaces without relegating the CLI to some second-class status.

I agree with the executive summary. But time marches on and it's really hard to
keep up.

It's easy to find large files in Windows from the GUI:
Select your DCIM folder and in the search box type: System.Size:>100kb

It's easy to find large files in Windows from the powershell CLI:
PS> Get-ChildItem s:\dcim -Recurse | Where-Object {$_.Length -gt 100kb}

But my knowing how to do this doesn't translate to your knowing how to do it!
The frustration comes from knowing that it's probably doable somehow but I
don't have time to figure how.

Cheers,
-Chuck